Our Top Ten Favourite Things about Bradford - 08/07/20
It's great to see that so many people love Bradford as much as we do! Our city was recently featured in Rightmove's top ten places with the biggest increase (59%) in buyer demand (based on statistics from 1st-14th June vs 1st-14th March).
As one of England's biggest cities, ranking fifth (by size of population) behind London, Birmingham, Leeds and Sheffield, Bradford is a city that is full of surprises. We've compiled our top ten favourite things about living here – what are yours?
1. We’re on the doorstep of The Yorkshire Dales National Park. Made up of picturesque moors, valleys, hills, villages and even waterfalls, it is the perfect scene for your next Instagram photo.
2. An ideal location for commuting, with easy access to surrounding towns and cities such as Leeds, Huddersfield, Wakefield and Halifax.
3. Want to get more bang for your buck?! House prices are cheaper than our northern counterparts, meaning that four-bedroom detached house can be less of a dream and more of a reality.
4. Crowned the curry capital of the UK for six years in a row from 2011-2016, Bradford is full of 'hidden gem' restaurants for the perfect date night or meal out with friends.
5. A visit to Haworth where the Brontë sisters lived, and where the Brontë Parsonage Museum is located today, is an absolute must.
6. If you didn't go on a school trip to Saltaire: World Heritage Site, then you're missing out. As well as admiring the heritage and architecture, there are so many fun activities to do.
7. Did you know Bradford's IMAX theatre was the first to open in Europe? Located in the heart of Bradford in the National Science and Media Museum, it still has the biggest screen in the region.
8. Fun fact – did you know the UK's fourth largest supermarket chain, Morrisons, has its head office in Bradford? Well, you do now!
9. From international dance to musicals, drama and Yorkshire's biggest panto when Billy Pearce performs every year, the Alhambra Theatre is more than just a stunning building.
10. We're so proud that the University of Bradford was named the UK's University of the Year for Social Inclusion 2020.
Are you interested in moving to Bradford? Contact our Highfield Sales Office on 01274 614804.