Our busy Lettings department is hiring for a full-time Lettings Negotiator to join the team at our Shelf office.
Lettings Negotiator Role
The role of a Lettings Negotiator is both varied and exciting. You will become the public face of the company, dealing with a variety of people and enquiries every day. You will see and let a wide range of property.
You should possess the style and flair to negotiate deals to their successful conclusion. You will have to be well presented and thoroughly professional at all times. Previous experience, whilst welcome, is not always necessary as full and ongoing training is provided. In fact, many of our most successful negotiators come from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
The required traits are common sense, maturity, responsibility, patience, an excellent telephone manner and a good sense of humour.
Service to Applicants
- To ensure applicants are registered in a thorough, professional manner as set out by the company – including accurate spelling of names & addresses.
- Organise viewings of properties with potential tenants, building rapport before, during, and after the appointment.
- Contacting applicants after viewings to obtain feedback on behalf of the company & fellow colleagues.
- Showing an interest in the tenant’s situation/circumstances and timescales.
- Introducing applicants to the recommended insurance company.
- To negotiate with potential tenants, ensuring that our Landlords’s interests are best served at all times, that other offers and sensitive information are not divulged to prospective tenants, and that comprehensive and accurate file notes are recorded on the appropriate property file and the IT system.
- Offering advice & guidance to tenants who may one day look to let themselves.
- Spotting opportunities to introduce applicants to our Sales Department to assist in renting out investments properties.
Service to Landlords
- Registering and booking valuations to the companies set standards giving the Valuer best opportunity to obtain the business.
- Contacting Landlords after we have been instructed to learn details about the property & gain an understanding of the client expectations and requirements.
- Regular contact, including prompt viewing feedback within 24 hrs of the viewing appointment.
- Introducing Vendors to the recommended Solicitors and associated Financial Services.
- To keep clients regularly informed as to the status of their let.
- To efficiently expedite and communicate throughout the lettings process from acceptance of an offer to completion of contracts.
- To facilitate the completion of the letting with a smooth handover of the property.
Training and development
- Attending and participating fully in training sessions.
- Proficient in the use of all office IT systems.
- Desire to progress within the Company – this will require doing jobs on behalf of senior colleagues.
Inter-Office Liaison/Business Generation
- Liaise with other Robert Watts offices, whenever possible feeding business to the other office(s).
- Being aware of Sales Dept opportunities and introducing clients to use Robert Watts.
- Using best endeavours to gain instructions for any office of Robert Watts.
- Keeping staff aware of potential development opportunities and the requirement to alert the Managing Directors to any development opportunities.
Personal Attributes Required
- Maturity, responsibility and reliability; self-motivation, integrity, enthusiasm, patience and tact; a sense of humour.
- Well organised, a good time manager with an ability to think ahead.
- Must be a confident, articulate and effective presenter, and needs persuasive and manipulative skills, allied to the strength of character to get own way.
- Must be hungry and be prepared for the long haul in building up the office.
- Good communication skills, both written and telephonic.
- Willingness to learn and confidence to ask questions if something is not clear.
Hours of Work
- You are employed to work Full Time.
- Your average working hours will be 37.5 hours per week.
- You will normally work between the hours of 9.00am and 5.30 am including one Saturday per month.
Please send your CV to Kate Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org